Register by July 15th, 2022 to be eligible for early bird registration fees!
*Online Registration (click here) for the 2022/2023 Season is now open*
Your players Hockey Canada ID# is required for online registration. Please follow this link to learn how to access this information:
How do I find my Hockey Canada ID#?
How do I create a Hockey Canada ID for my new player?
Download this FORM and email to firstname.lastname@example.org You will then receive a return email containing your new players Hockey Canada ID that can be used for registration purposes.
NEW PLAYERS ~ Pre-registration Requirements
- One parent/guardian must complete the Mandatory Respect in Sport - Parent Program. When completing the mandatory online course, you must select STRATHCONA as your resident minor hockey association. The Respect in Sport program will create a Hockey Canada ID (or link to the ID number you already received from the Registrar) for your new player. This Hockey Canada ID will be required for the online registration process with SMHA.
- Prior to registering, Email the SMHA Registrar to confirm you reside within Strathcona Minor Hockey boundaries.
- Upload a copy of the players Birth Certificate and property tax assessment or utility bill complete with legal land description online during the registration process or email them to the SMHA Registrar.
Respect in Sport Program for 2022/2023
In the spring of 2017, Hockey Alberta announced that Parents and Coaches/Team Officials would be required to re-certify their Respect in Sport every four seasons. The requirement to re-certify comes into effect on May 1st of the four-year anniversary of course completion.
As with any change, there are questions. Hockey Alberta has compiled the following RIS-FAQ to address concerns and questions from parents, coaches and team officials.
SMHA 2022/2023 Fee Schedule
Fees listed below are the Early Bird Rates applicable until July 15th. After July 15th, fees increase by $100.
*** All First-time hockey players eligible for $199 fees!! ***
|First Time Ever Player||
|U-7 Major & Minor||
|U-16 & U-18||
|U-13, U-15, U-18, U-21
|Rep Tryouts (AA, Tier 1)||
$200 or $100
* Only applicable for resident players
** Discovery Fee for non-residents or returning Discovery aged players $450
OPTIONAL INSTALMENT PAYMENT PLAN:
Register by July 15; 1/3 of fees due upon registration, balance paid in 2 equal payments (August/September 2022)
Fees must be paid in full by September 30th, 2022.
PAY YOUR FEES VIA E-TRANSFER: If you select 'Offline Payment' as payment option at checkout, E-transfer payments must be sent to email@example.com, password WARRIORS. Please note your players full name in the message.
Please be aware that there are additional fees for successful players making AA Teams. This should be considered prior to tryouts. There is a much larger commitment both financially and time wise. To cover some of the extra costs the association will charge each rep player additional fees which will be payable once the teams are FINALIZED and due by November 1st.
What is Recreation Hockey?
Please see the attached Game Rules and FAQ's
Strathcona Minor Hockey Association, in conjunction with Breakout Hockey, is hosting a Body Checking Camp for SMHA 1st year U-15 Players August 22-24th, 2022.
Each participant will receive 3 - one hour long on-ice sessions focused on skills and techniques related to body contact.
Cost is $100 and will be open exclusively to 1st year U-15 players until August 1st.
Registration will be capped at a maximum of 20 players/session.
SMHA 2022 Hitting Camp Registration Form
SMHA 2022-23 MANUAL Registration Form
New to Strathcona Minor Hockey but HAVE played minor hockey in Canada previously with another minor hockey association?? We require an online completed Parent Declaration Form , and the submission forwarded to SMHA Registrar, in order to have your player transferred to our database. You will NOT be eligible for online registration until this process is completed!! You will be notified once the transfer is approved by Hockey Alberta and then you will be eligible to register online at the link above.
NON-RESIDENT PLAYERS WISHING TO TRYOUT FOR THE SMHA AA TEAMS
If you reside outside our association boundaries and wish to participate in the SMHA Conditioning Camps or wish to try out for the Strathcona U-11, U-13, U-15, U-16 or U-18 AA teams, please complete and submit the following Non-Resident Tryout/Camp Registration form below.
** New this year, U-11 players from minor hockey associations that do not host a U-11 HADP AA program are eligible to tryout in an association that does.
Players not belonging to a resident MHA with a HADP team are able to tryout for the Strathcona HADP U11 team by submitting the non-resident tryout form found below.
Please follow this link for further details: U11 AA Pilot Project for 2022-2023
DOWNLOAD FORM BELOW
SMHA 2022-23 Non-Resident Tryout/Camp Registration Form
If you are registering for BOTH the Conditioning Camp & AA Tryouts, you are only required to submit one registration form.
If you are successful in tryouts for the AA teams, the Registrar will contact you to complete the registration process and for registration fee payment.
SMHA 2022 Conditioning Camps Schedule - Click Here to View Schedule
Please note, there is no-charge for goaltenders to attend conditioning camp. If a goaltender wishes to attend conditioning camp, select the no-charge Goaltender Conditioning Camp at checkout. You are not guaranteed admission, however the Level Directors will do their best to accommodate those goaltenders interested in attending. Level Directors will contact you via email prior to camp commencement.
MULTI-PLAYER FEE REBATE:
- FAMILIES WITH 3 OR MORE REGISTERED PLAYERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A MULTI-PLAYER DISCOUNT. THREE REGISTERED PLAYERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A 5% REBATE AND FOUR OR MORE REGISTERED PLAYERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A 10% REBATE (REGISTRATION FEES ONLY). IF YOU REQUIRE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE SMHA VP, Finance FOR FURTHER DETAILS. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THIS ONLINE MULTI PLAYER FAMILY REBATE APPLICATION - AFTER REGISTRATION FEES ARE PAID IN FULL. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION FOR THE MULTI PLAYER REBATE IS FEBRUARY 28TH OF THE HOCKEY SEASON. REBATE CHEQUES WILL BE ISSUED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15th.
Need financial assistance?
Follow these links below for information on support available in this area:
KIDSPORT OIL COUNTRY HOCKEY ASSIST PROGRAM
With this program, KidSport will be paying the FULL registration fees and our partners at Sport Central will provide no-cost equipment for eligible kids to play hockey in Oil Country (Red Deer County & North) for the 2022-23 hockey season. For communities located outside of the Edmonton area, equipment shipment options are available through our trusted partner Rosenau Transport Ltd.