Strathcona Minor Hockey Lisa Francioli Scholarship
Lisa Francioli Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Lisa Francioli who was a dedicated board member, volunteer and hockey supporter. Lisa was involved in SMHA for over a decade. She was also a senior governor of the 1660 hockey league.
This scholarship is intended for second or third year U-18 players within SMHA to assist in their pursuit of post-secondary education. Winners may be in grades 11 or 12 with the award being received when proof of acceptance into post-secondary education is given.
Volunteering was a huge part of Lisa's life. Whether it was hockey, school, family, or friends, others needs always came before her own. She committed countless hours all for the betterment of the community, the Association, but most importantly the kids. There was never a no, never a position that couldn't be filled, or a challenge too great. And through it all there was always a smile. Above all she cherished the friendships that were nurtured and built over the years. Equally important to Lisa was education. She loved learning. There was no topic that didn't fascinate her, no subject that wasn't intriguing or hold a touch of magic. Learning was her lifelong passion and one we all hope you take with you in your own personal journey.
This scholarship will be awarded each year for twelve years starting in 2012. Future boards may approve the continuation of the scholarship beyond that date. One scholarship will be awarded for a total value of $1000.00 per year.
- Played a minimum of three years in SMHA
- Must be enrolled in the SMHA program during the year that scholarship was applied for
- Must be a second or third year U-18 player
- Not have previously received this award
This Scholarship will be awarded based on:
- The award recipient will demonstrate qualities of integrity, humor, commitment to fair play as well as being respectful. The recipient will be known as a player who continually tries his/ her hardest. Merit will not be given for points; rather for effort.
Applications must include:
- Penalty minutes from current season (regular season only)
- Letter of reference from former hockey coach
- Letter of reference from a current academic teacher
- Complete Application form
- Letter of Conditional Acceptance (or Acceptance) to a post secondary program in a recognized institute.
- SMHA Current Executive Committee
- If available members of the Francioli family
- Application Submission: May 30
- Award Selected by: June 30
"Please take a lesson from me- there are more important things than hockey and as long as you have your priorities right you’ll have no regrets" - Lisa Francioli.
Please complete the following form and submit it to the SMHA Secretary.