Lisa Francioli Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Lisa Francioli who was a dedicated board member, volunteer and hockey supporter. Lisa was involved in SMHA for over a decade. She was also a senior governor of the 1660 hockey league. This scholarship was intended to assist SMHA U18 (Midget) players in their pursuit of a post-secondary education. Winners may be in grade 11 or 12 with the award being given when proof of acceptance into post-secondary education is given.
One scholarship will be awarded for a total value of $1000.00 per year.
• Played a minimum of three years in SMHA
• Must have been enrolled in the SMHA program during 2019-20
• Intended for second or third year U18 (Midget) players who plan on attending post-secondary education programs – do we need to include this? It’s in the 2nd paragraph
• Not have previously received this award
• The award recipient will demonstrate qualities of integrity, humour, commitment to fair play as well as being respectful. The recipient will be known as a player who continually tries his/her hardest. Merit will not be given for points; rather for effort.
Applications must include:
• Completed Application form
• Conditional Letter of Acceptance (or Acceptance) into a post-secondary program from a recognized institution
• Letter of reference from a former hockey coach
• Letter of reference from a current, academic teacher
• Count of penalty minutes from the 2019-20 season (regular season only)
• To date, there have been no applications received for the scholarship. Therefore, the SMHA Board has extended the application deadline. Please contact the SMHA Secretary before May 30th if you are interested in applying for this award. The Board will re-evaluate the applicants the first week of June and determine next steps. Any questions can be directed to SMHA Secretary, Kristy Baillie at email@example.com.